What We Do As a Post
- VFW Buddy Poppy Program provides funding
for the Post Relief Fund. The fund provides aid, assistance, and
comfort to needy or disabled veterans or members of the Armed Forces and
their dependents, and the widows and orphans of deceased veterans. Also supports patriotic programs and events our post sponsors.
- Provide an on call Veterans Service Officer through our post
- Our "Buddy Up" program establishes new mentor type relationships between our younger and older post members, but is so much more than a mentoring program!
- Our own Rides for Vets program provides rides for house bound local veterans to Fort Miley and the local VA clinics in Sonoma County. You do not have to be a VFW member to be eligible.
- Proud supporter of our Auxiliary.
- DVDs for Vets! Let us take your old or unused DVDs to the Yountville Veterans Home
- Support and visitation to the Yountville Veterans Home and local hospitalized veterans
- Adopted and proudly support the 235th Engineer Battalion (SAPPER)
- Host and sponsor of the Annual All American Bad Ass Car Show
- Host of the annual Veterans Day celebration and a member of the Memorial Day committee
- Sonoma County Vet Connect.
- The Sonoma Valley High School library.
- Sonoma County Veterans Resource and Job Fair
- Civil Air Patrol Redwood Empire Composite Squadron 157
- The North Bay Stand Down
of Democracy and Patriots Pen oral and written essay competitions for high school and middle school students
- VFW Teacher of the Year Program
- VFW Scout of the Year Program and Scouting in Sonoma Valley.
- VFW first responder recognition programs
retirement available to Sonoma Valley residents
- VFW National Home for Children
- Devil Pups Youth Program for America
- Wreaths Across America
- Support of the annual 4th of July fireworks display.
- Host special public events such as the Cost of Freedom Tribute in 2012 and Let Freedom Ring coming in November 2017
- Operation Uplink provides free calling days to active duty and hospitalized veterans to connect with loved ones.
- Veterans Service Fund helps keep open four fully staffed VFW Veterans Service offices in California.
- VFW California Wheelchair Games provides athletic competition for disabled veterans.
- VFW California legislative fund helps provide for lobbying support of veterans issues at the state and national levels.
- Donate to active duty morale building events and programs
1/253 MP Company Talill, Iraq Co-ordinators of the 10K fun Run
Running the good race in Talill
Commander Parker receiving a photo album of the 10K Fun Run from local businessman Ralph Hutchinson
Yountville Veterans Home Christmas Party
Honoring our Veterans, Active Duty Military, and First Responders
Honoring the Civil Air Patrol
Honoring local business